Monday, December 31, 2012

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!

2012 was a busy year for us. I finished up my algebra and chemistry classes, we packed up and moved across the country, Nick got flown out to the ship and I unpacked a house full of stuff by myself. We've made some new friends out here in BFE, Virginia, and the kids are getting used to their new school. It was rough at first, but things are settling down. (Go knock on some wood for me. I don't want to jinx it.) This year flew by so fast I can't even believe it. Every year seems to go faster and faster.

Abby's going to be 9 in a couple weeks, and in a few months, I'll be 30. I feel like I skipped a few years or something to get here because there's no way I graduated high school more than a decade ago. It's been almost 2 years since Tim passed away, which still sounds so weird to me. I think this New Year's Eve I'll finally break out the Harley Davidson glass and see if I can recreate what he tried showing me a couple years ago with the fizz. Adios and vaya con dios, Tim. Listening to that cd still brings a tear to my eye.

To all my friends and family, enjoy the time you have here on this planet because it is so short and it goes by so fast. Don't worry so much about what's going to happen next, because you'll miss out on everything that the people you love have to offer. Be happy, but don't take away others' happiness in the process. If you have to make other people miserable for you to be happy, then you are on the wrong path and I truly hope you will find your way again. Cherish your children, take lots of pictures (something I need to work on too), and do something crazy every once in a while. Get a tattoo, take a spontaneous road trip to the Grand Canyon, splurge on something for yourself. Be safe, be smart, and think of others before yourself. Stop thinking about your resolutions and get off your butt and accomplish some of the goals you have for yourself. Know that I love you all and wish you all love, peace, and happiness.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment